The Furst-McNess Company is an independent agricultural company providing customized vitamin and mineral premix, commodity blends, and feed ingredients to the beef, dairy, poultry and swine industry throughout the United States and Canada. We provide customized solutions and alternatives to our agricultural clients which lead to enhanced livestock performance and profitability. In addition, we offer innovative solutions to suppliers for feed residuals from the food, beverage and biofuel industries.
The story of the Furst-McNess Company has been called “the best of Americana.” Frank E. Furst and Frederick W. McNess, came of age as entrepreneurs in the small industrial town of Freeport, IL in 1908. Their horse and buggy direct sales company soon became a leading force in the evolving agribusiness industry. Now, the Furst-McNess Company is a multinational family business in its fourth generation, celebrating over 100 years of business success.
To be the leading company in the markets we serve, adding value and exceeding expectations of everyone we touch.
At Furst McNess, we strive to:
– Understand that being great is a choice
– Never settle for average or “good enough”
– Relentlessly search for ways to serve our customers better
– Work as a team
– Value and respect one another
– Earn trust through our actions
– Act in a safe and professional manner at all times
– Conduct ourselves with the highest level of integrity
– Deliver on the commitments we make
– Invest in our professional and personal development
– Maintain a positive work environment that promotes success
– Have fun and celebrate our successes
1908: Founded in Freeport, IL – Pioneers original safety seal for household products.
1919: Moved to current five-story building located at 120 E. Clark Street, Freeport, Illinois.
1929: Expands Freeport building by 60,000 square feet.
1940’s: Pioneers new technique for tablet manufacturing specifically for the US ARMY, hires Theodore Suess Geisel (also known as Dr. Suess) to create original advertising campaign.
1958: Company focus expands to agricultural vitamin and mineral premixes through innovations and modernization of manufacturing processes.
1960’s: Farmers allowed to buy wholesale direct from the company.
1980’s: Unveils one of the first computerized ration-balancing programs: McNess Maxi-Beef, Maxi-Milk, and Maxi-Pork.
1992: McNess acquires Miracle Feeds, a commodities and brewers grain company, from John Labatt, LTD. Opens first Canadian offices, offering a complete line of vitamin and mineral premixes, and other commodities.
2003: Acquires Aero Group, Inc., a local telecommunications and IT company.
2010: Opens International trading after opening their own container-filling facility in Eleroy, IL. Begins serving South East Asian markets.